Sunday, November 22, 2009

Vols vs. Depaul

This is what I gathered from watching the second half.....

*Tyler F'n Smith once again proves what kind of leader he is. The 2 free throws to seal the win were absolutely huge.

*I may have spoke too soon about Scotty Hopson. You can not be the best player on the team if, when your 3 ball doesn't fall, you completely disappear. Very disappointing.

*Melvin Goins is the point guard we have been looking for. He ran the offense well, made smart decisions, played shut down defense and can his a shot when it was badly needed. Dare I say...Solution?

*We lose this game last year. No doubt about it. Depaul slowed the game down, protected the ball to negate our press, and completely shut down Hopson. Wayne Chism and Tyler F'n Smith are showing great senior leadership against a team who played a Big East style game. I know I'm a glass half full guy, but in my mind, winning close games like this, against a team like this, is a big step towards showing the all of the guys who weren't around for the Lofton, Jujuan years, that they CAN win close games. Good win.

No comments:

Post a Comment